Occupational Illness & Injury
Occupational Illness, Injury, & You
It is widely known that severe work-related injuries often lead to workers’ compensation suits. However, many people who have developed a work-related injury or illness over time, or who suffer from a condition that is exasperated by their workplace, are unaware of the legal action they can take to receive the financial compensation that they deserve. A wide variety of conditions and illnesses may make you eligible for workers’ compensation benefits. At The Alberhasky Law Firm, our experienced work injury attorneys have provided winning legal counsel in many cases and are capable of representing you. Contact us today if you are ready to receive winning representation.
Understanding Occupational Illness & Workplace Injury
Injuries or illnesses that emerge over time are called cumulative trauma or repetitive stress injuries. For an individual to receive workers’ compensation benefits, they must first prove that their ailments occurred due to their occupation. Many occupational illnesses and injuries can result in workers’ compensation claims. The primary factors related to injuries and illnesses are as follows:
- Existing Conditions: If an individual has a pre-employment condition that is exacerbated by a recent on-the-job injury, then the individual may be eligible for workers’ compensation. For example, a back injury due to heavy lifting would most likely impact a previous back injury.
- Occupational Illnesses: If an individual is exposed to a needle stick, or introduced to another contamination source, they may be eligible for compensation. If an individual develops an illness related to their occupation, they may have a case that qualifies them for workers’ compensation benefits.
- Overuse Or Occupational Exposure: If a job requires an individual to make the same or similar motions repetitively, it is not unusual for muscles and joints within the body to become overworked and negatively impacted. An example of this would be developing carpal tunnel from excessive typing or back and shoulder injuries that occur due to repetitive lifting. Environmental injuries are a result of working in an environment where harmful factors are present.
For a more in-depth and comprehensive list of potential issues, visit the Bureau of Labor Statistics, or contact one of The Alberhasky Law Firm’s workers’ compensation attorneys. Additional Workers’ Compensation Resources
Understanding workers’ compensation can be confusing. The Alberhasky Law Firm blog contains a wealth of information to help you become more educated on the topic. We recommend the following articles:
- What Kind Of Workers’ Comp Settlement Can You Accept?
- How Does Workers’ Compensation Work In Missouri?
- Prescription Medication Under Workers’ Compensation
- Why Do You Need A Workers Comp Lawyer
- What Is Workers’ Compensation?
Why Is Hiring An Attorney Beneficial?
At The Alberhasky Law Firm, our attorneys understand how difficult it can be to prove that illnesses or injuries are, in fact, related to an individual’s occupation. Our business is founded on providing Springfield, MO, residents with the legal counsel they need in regards to workers’ compensation cases. If you are suffering from an occupational illness or injury, you deserve fair representation. Contact us today to schedule a consultation with a supportive and experienced workers’ compensation attorney.